1. At their meeting on May 11, the Church Council approved St. Paul's Plan for Returning to Church based on recommended plans from the Wisconsin Conference UCC and the Wisconsin Council of Churches. Here is a link to the plan: Returning to Church – Wisconsin Council of Churches.
2. Our Peanut Butter & Jelly Challenge continues through this Sunday: just drop of jars of peanut butter and jelly for area food pantries on the table outside the rooster door entrance. Thanks to all who contributed!
3. If anyone would like to schedule a committee meeting or meeting for other groups using Zoom, please contact me and I'd be happy to help you set it up.
4. Please join us for on-line worship on Sunday mornings at 9:30 am followed by virtual Coffee & Conversation. Links to the service each week will be emailed to our members and can also be found on our church website at http://www.stpaulserin.org.
5. Please continue to practice good stewardship and maintain your pledge by mailing your weekly offerings to the church office at: St. Paul's UCC, attn: Financial Secretary, 495 St. Augustine Road, Colgate, WI 53017. You can also give online on the homepage of our church website or via electronic transfer from your bank to ours. Thank you for continuing to give as generously as you can!
6. If you know of anyone in our congregation who is financially struggling or in need of financial assistance, please contact me and we will try to help.
7. If you have someone in your family who is graduating from middle school, high school, college, or trade school this spring, please email me at SPPastor@yahoo.com so I can send them a letter of congratulations. This is a difficult time to be graduating, so let's do our best to honor our graduates! We will be holding a Graduate Recognition Sunday to honor our graduates in June or July.
8. The Wisconsin Conference Annual Meeting will be held online via Zoom on Saturday, June 6, from 8:30 am to noon. We need 2 delegates from our congregation to attend. Please contact me if you're interested.
9. Our August Brat Fry & Bags Tournament church fundraiser has been cancelled due to the pandemic and no dates being available in August at Monches Park.
10. Summer camps at Pilgrim Center have been cancelled due to the pandemic. Summer camps at Moon Beach will still be held.
11. WASHINGTON AND OZAUKEE HAVE FREE COVID-19 TESTING SITES:
Testing will be offered at two locations for three days. Residents interested in testing must register before going in, by calling 262-365-5878. Registration is open May 26th through June 2nd from 9am to 4pm.
Washington County Fair Park, 3000 County Hwy PV, West Bend, WI 53095
Testing available from 11am to 7pm, June 1 - June 3
Concordia University, 12800 N. Lake Shore Drive, Mequon, WI 53097
Testing available from 9am to 5pm, May 28 - May 30
To find other Milwaukee area testing locations: Free-covid-19-testing-sites
Please remember with your prayers, cards & calls:
*Rachel S and John H, getting married on May 29
*Marvin S, recovering at home after recent hospitalization for pancreatitis
*Dick A, recovering at home after hip replacement surgery
*Steve M, going through radiation treatments for prostate cancer
*Vern G, being treated for lip cancer
*Ron P, battling prostate cancer
*Wanda D mother, Gail, as she begins treatment for lung cancer
*Ron & Diane S, as Ron recovers from brain surgery
*Lois W, in LaCrosse
*A cure for and healing from the coronavirus
*All of our graduates
Next Week's Scripture Readings:
Genesis 1:1-2:4a; Psalm 8; 2 Corinthians 13:11-13; Matthew 28:16-20.
Next Sunday, June 7, is Pentecost Sunday.
May God's Holy Spirit continue to comfort, protect, and empower us to find new ways of "Being the Church" as the season of Pentecost beings!
Rev. Glenn A. Danz
Pastor & Teacher
St. Paul's United Church of Christ
495 St. Augustine Road
Colgate, Wisconsin 53017
(262) 628.2319 (office) (414) 550.1553 (cell)
The little country church with a big global heart where God is still speaking,
Please continue to practice good stewardship by making you weekly offering online using the link below or by mailing it to the church office at: St. Paul's UCC, attn: Financial Secretary, 495 St. Augustine Road, Colgate, WI 53017.
Thank you for continuing to give as generously as you can!
The Wisconsin Conference Life newsletter is distributed semi-monthly and brings you thoughtful articles, information about what’s going on around the Conference, educational opportunities, news about minister and church transitions, and more. Don’t miss the news! Sign up now.