1. You are invited to join us for online worship this Sunday, September 20, at 9:30 am. The Zoom link will be emailed in a few days. Join us, too, for online worship on Sunday, September 27, at 9:30 am when Rev. Dr. John Helt will be our guest preacher and worship leader.
2. The Women's Guild is sponsoring a Brat & Hamburger Sale at Piggly Wiggly in Hubertus on Saturday, September 19, from 9 am-3 pm. Come and have lunch with us and bring your friends and family!
3. The Women's Guild is also selling church calendars. If you'd like to order one, please e-mail Carol Kaisler.
4. Our Mission Maniacs (Sunday School kids) are sponsoring an aluminum can drive for Patriot K-9's of Wisconsin. Drop your cans off in the Red Trailer parked in the corner of the Upper church parking lot. The Mission Maniacs are also collecting items (snacks, gift cards, hand sanitizer, wipes, etc.) to send to St. Paul's young adults attending college this fall.
5. Fall Confirmation Class is organizing for students 8th grade and older who wish to be confirmed next spring. Please contact me if interested. We will be holding a Confirmation Orientation in late September or early October.
6. Please continue to practice good stewardship and maintain your pledge by mailing your weekly offerings to the church office at: St. Paul's UCC, attn: Financial Secretary, 495 St. Augustine Road, Colgate, WI 53017. You can also give online on the homepage of our church website or via electronic transfer from your bank to ours. Thank you for continuing to give as generously as you can!
7. If you know of anyone in our congregation who is financially struggling or in need of financial assistance, please contact me and we will try to help.
8. As we prepare our sanctuary for re-opening, donations of hand sanitizer (8 oz w/ pumps) and wipes are more than welcome and can be dropped off on the table outside by the rooster door entrance. Food pantry donations are also welcome and encouraged!
9. The Women's Guild will meet this Thursday at noon at the Kaisler's. Bring a brown bag lunch, face mask, and fundraising ideas.
10. All submissions for the October Chapel Bells are due to Donna Runte (email@example.com) by Monday, September 21.
Please remember with your prayers, cards & calls:
*LouAnn E, undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer
*Joyce O, recovering from hip replacement surgery and blood clots
*Ron P, now in home hospice care suffering from prostate cancer
*Ron S, recovering from recent hospitalization and a fractured disc in his back
*the people on the West Coast coping with wild fires
*All those recovering from Hurricane Sally in the Gulf Coast
*A cure for and healing from the coronavirus
*All students, parents, and teachers as they begin the new school year
*Happy Birthday this week to Sharon S, Jim B, Connie J, Elise G
*Happy Anniversary this week to Susan & Brett M and Becky & Jason D
Next Week's Scripture Readings:
Exodus 17:1-7; Psalm 78:1-4, 12-16; Philippians 2:1-13; Matthew 21:23-32.
Next Sunday, September 27, is the 17th Sunday after Pentecost, and Rev. Dr. John Helt will be our guest preacher and worship leader for our online worship service.
In March the Church Council approved discontinuing indefinitely all worship services, Sunday School, meetings, and programs here at St. Paul's UCC in order to protect our members and slow the spread of the corona virus. St Paul's will be following the Wisconsin Council of Churches Returning to Church Plan.
The Wisconsin Conference Life newsletter is distributed semi-monthly and brings you thoughtful articles, information about what’s going on around the Conference, educational opportunities, news about minister and church transitions, and more. Don’t miss the news! Sign up now.